Friday, April 2, 2010

Live Blogging China Night Train

I'm currently in my cabin getting ready to sleep on a night train from
Beijing to Pingyao. Four new friends, Ow and I decided to spend this 3
day weekend in a city that is famous to us from the movie "Raise the
Red Latern." Other Chinese have told me that it's not that great of a
place to go due to its province's reputation as a coal industrial area.

The highlight of the ride besides for hanging out with our new friends
was talking to the family of three sharing our cabin. They had the
cutest little 8 year old girl who practiced her English on me while I
practiced my Chinese on her.

She asked if I spoke Chinese, and I said in reply "Yi, er, san, si, wo."

She giggled and then said "Liu chi ba" continuing my count from one to
five.

No comments:

Post a Comment